PLAYLISTS
THIS IS THE PLACE FOR PLAYLISTS---JUST CLICK

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A REMEMBRANCE AND AN UPDATE

The sad news we heard today was of the death of the uniquely talented Kate McGarrigle. For many years I have admired her and her family and seen them those many moons ago at venues like "Speakeasy" in NYC, Carnegie Hall, and loved their recordings----with particular partiality to "The McGarrigle Hour" that is, many times on my record player (surely dates me---CD Player).

This Sunday on TRADITIONS I will commemorate---or, better, remember, that wonderful talent and now---for your own reminiscence of remembrance---or discovery---a video of the sisters courtesy of You Tube and the screen named kk9911--for want of a real name :



This Sunday we shall be, as said, having a remembrance of this amazing and unique talent that I, and I hope you, have appreciated lo these many years.

Along with that a profile of someone I consider an amazing talent that encompasses so many genres---Susan Werner. Honestly now; I have come to appreciate her great talent after many years of not realizing how great it is.

We shall also welcome a guest---Larry Seigal. Surprise await you there.

Do join me this Sunday on TRADITIONS --3 PM ET and on the web at www.wfdu.fm elsewhere in the wonderful world of sports---OOPS--that is ABC---skip sports and stick to this---and also---remember a wonderful talent who left us too soon.

No comments: